发布时间: 1/9/2026

Destruction in Gaza following recent Israeli air strikes
Displaced Palestinians seeking shelter amid Gaza conflict
### Deadly Israeli Strikes Hit Gaza Amid Ceasefire Tensions

Over the past 24 hours, Israeli air strikes have claimed the lives of at least eight people in Gaza—four of whom are children, according to the territory’s civil defense agency. These latest fatalities come as tensions flare across the besieged enclave, with both Israel and Hamas trading accusations of breaking a fragile truce that was meant to pause the ongoing bloodshed. The news has sparked international concern, as the region struggles to maintain any semblance of calm.

Harrowing Details of the Fatal Attacks

Mahmud Bassal, the civil defense agency’s spokesman, shared gut-wrenching specifics with AFP about each deadly incident. In southern Gaza, a drone strike targeted a tent housing displaced Palestinians who had fled their homes earlier in the conflict, killing four people including three young children. Near the Jabalia refugee camp, an 11-year-old girl lost her life in a separate strike, while another attack on a school in the region claimed one more victim. A drone attack near Khan Younis killed a man, and another individual was killed in an Israeli strike on Deir al-Balah, Bassal confirmed.

Ceasefire Breach Claims and Military Responses

Both Israel and Hamas have been quick to point fingers at each other for violating the ceasefire terms. The Israeli military has stated it is currently investigating the reports of these latest strikes to verify the details. Earlier on Thursday, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) reported that a projectile was launched from the Gaza City area toward Israel, but it ultimately fell within the Gaza Strip itself. In response, the IDF said it carried out a "precise strike" on the launch point to neutralize the threat.

Rising Casualties Since US-Brokered Truce

Since the latest truce—brokered by the US and tied to the Trump Admin's 22-point peace plan for Gaza—took effect on October 10, Gaza’s health ministry says Israeli forces have killed at least 425 Palestinians. This truce was initially designed to secure the release of remaining living Israeli hostages captured by Hamas during its October 7 attack on southern Israel, in exchange for Palestinian detainees held in Israeli jails. While several bodies of deceased hostages have been returned, one body still remains unaccounted for, and the broader peace plan has since stalled entirely.

Stalled Peace Talks and Disarmament Disputes

Phase two of the proposed peace deal would require Hamas to disarm, a core demand that the group has firmly rejected so far. Former US President Donald Trump has warned that Hamas will face "hell to pay" if it does not comply with the disarmament requirement soon, but Hamas officials argue that full disarmament should only happen alongside tangible progress toward establishing an independent Palestinian state. Meanwhile, political analysts and critics suggest that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu may be intentionally delaying the plan’s implementation, prioritizing Hamas disarmament over Israeli troop withdrawals beyond their current positions. Netanyahu has faced widespread accusations of not engaging seriously with the issue of creating a viable political future for Palestinians in the region.