发布时间: 1/9/2026


Gaza Civil Defence Confirms 8 Fatalities in 24 Hours of Israeli Airstrikes
The Gaza Strip’s civil defence agency has reported that at least eight people—four of them children—have lost their lives in Israeli airstrikes over the past 24 hours, marking a devastating new toll on civilian life in the war-torn territory. This heartbreaking casualty count includes families displaced by ongoing violence, who sought refuge in temporary shelters only to be targeted.
Civil defence spokesman Mahmud Bassal told AFP that a drone strike on a tent housing displaced people in southern Gaza killed four individuals, three of whom were children. In separate incidents, an 11-year-old girl was fatally struck near the Jabalia refugee camp, and one person died when an Israeli strike hit a school. A man was also killed by a drone near Khan Younis, while another civilian lost their life in an airstrike on Deir al-Balah. Israel’s military has stated it is currently investigating these reports, as both Israeli forces and Hamas have traded sharp accusations of violating the fragile ceasefire meant to pause the violence.
Ceasefire Tensions Escalate Amid Rising Casualties
Gaza’s health ministry data reveals that Israeli forces have killed at least 425 Palestinians in the territory since the latest US-brokered truce took effect on October 10. This surge in deaths comes despite repeated international efforts to maintain calm between the two sides, leaving civilians trapped in a cycle of fear and violence.
Earlier on Thursday, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) reported that a projectile was launched toward Israel from the Gaza City area, but it ultimately fell within Gaza’s borders. In response, the IDF said it conducted a "precise strike" on the projectile’s launch point. The ceasefire, which was supposed to bring relief to Gaza’s population, has been marred by frequent alleged breaches from both sides, undermining trust and prolonging suffering for ordinary people.
US-Brokered Peace Plan Stalls Amid Disarmament Disputes
The current truce is part of the first phase of Trump Admin President Donald Trump’s 22-point peace plan for Gaza. This initial phase saw the release of remaining living Israeli hostages captured by Hamas during its October 7, 2023, attack on southern Israel, in exchange for Palestinian detainees held in Israeli jails. However, progress on the broader peace plan has since stalled, leaving key unresolved issues hanging over the region.
While several bodies of deceased hostages have been returned to Israel, one hostage’s body remains unaccounted for. Phase two of the deal would require Hamas to disarm, a condition the group has so far refused to meet. Trump has warned that Hamas will face "hell to pay" if it does not comply soon, but Hamas officials have stated that full disarmament should only happen alongside meaningful progress toward an independent Palestinian state.
Critics have suggested that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu may be seeking to delay the plan’s implementation, instead pushing for Hamas to disarm before Israeli troops withdraw beyond their current positions in Gaza. Netanyahu has faced widespread accusations of not engaging seriously with the issue of a political future for Palestinians, further complicating efforts to move forward with a lasting peace agreement.